After all, Isn’t it time you reciprocate?
Grill your peanut butter and jelly sandwich! If the warmth, the smell and the crunch isn’t enough to put you over the edge, I’ve added an enriched dough: delicious brioche. If you haven’t had a serious food crush lately, watch out!
- 2 slices of decadent brioche, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons smooth homemade peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite fruit jam
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Here’s how you make it:
- Fire up the outdoor grill. Heat a grill pan on stove. While both are heating up quickly assemble your sandwiches.
- Spread desired amount of peanut butter and jelly on the brioche. Close sandwich.
- Butter both sides of the bread.
- Using the hot pan, cook the PB&J on both sides for 1 minute, just until brioche begins to turn golden and gets some stability from becoming toasted on outside.
- Remove from pan and finish on indirect heat of your oiled outdoor grill. Do not walk away. Cook until grill marks complete your efforts, 1-2 minutes on each side, depending how hot your grates are.
- Serve warm. Cut in half with a serrated knife (this helps you not smash the bread). Makes one sandwich.
Serve with my recipe for iced nut milk! Feels good to be an adult now, doesn’t it? Variations: Add shaved chocolate or Nutella and room-temperature, sliced bananas.