Korean pancakes (pajeon) are crispy on the outside, soft and moist in the middle. Any vegetable can be used.
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cold club soda
- 6-8 scallions, cut lengthwise
- 1 fresh spicy long red chili, thinly sliced
- 12 thin green beans, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Here’s how to make them!
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, egg, club soda, salt and sesame oil together. Mix well and set aside.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the green beans and stir fry about 3 minutes. Add the scallions and cook until crispy. Stir in the red chili.
- Pour the egg/flour batter over and cook until brown. Invert on a plate. Return it to the pan and cook the other side until brown.
Serve with a sesame soy sauce.