Not sure what to do with all of the end-of-summer zucchini? Make these easy zucchini fritters!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fine oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- coconut oil, for frying
Here’s how you make them:
- Grate the zucchini. Place it in a strainer and set in sink. Toss the zucchini with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let it sit 10 minutes, then wring dry in a clean towel to remove moisture.
- Mix all ingredients except the oil. Slowly add flour and stir to make batter. Add zucchini last.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Cook in batches by dropping spoonfuls into the hot oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes each side. Drain on paper towels.
Feel the crunch!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest, to taste
- chopped chives (optional)
- cucumbers, peeled , de-seeded, grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients. Chill before serving.Drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil before serving.