After you try this homemade whole wheat pancake mix, you’ll never buy that box stuff again!
- 6 cups organic white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool dark place up to a month.
When ready to prepare, combine:
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon organic oil
- 1 cup of the mix
Here’s how to make them:
- Whisk the egg, buttermilk, oil and pancake mix in a bowl until combined.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and oil with butter or coconut oil.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as you can fit. Cook for 2 minutes until bubbling. Flip pancakes and cook for an additional minute.
Note: Mixture can also be used in a waffle iron. Follow the manufacturer’s directions!