Going out for frozen yogurt with the whole family can really add up financially. Stay home and make your own! The kids will be so excited!
- 4 cups plain yogurt (whole or reduced-fat Greek yogurt 2%)
- 1 cup sugar or substitute, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, lemon or almond extract
- 1 cup mixed berries
Here’s how to make it:
- In a medium bowl, mash together raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, 3/4 cup sugar and extract until sugar melts.
- Pour into the freezer can of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Swirl the berry mixture into the frozen yogurt.
- Remove from the machine and spoon the yogurt into a metal loaf pan. Cover tight and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
To serve, leave yogurt at room temp for a few minutes and slice with unwaxed dental floss. (Really! Read this!) Yum!