A balsamic vinegar reduction is a snap to make! Just remember to measure at least 4 cups of balsamic vinegar. For a nice rich glaze, any amount of balsamic vinegar should be reduced down to one-fourth of what you began with. You can also see my recipe featured at #30SecondMom
- balsamic vinegar
Here’s how to make it:
- In a high-sided quart sauce pan, bring the vinegar to a simmer.
- Stir until it thickens up to coat the back of a spoon. Once it starts to thicken, don’t walk away – it has a high sugar content and can burn very quickly!
- Remove just before desired consistency.
Here’s how to use it:
- Drizzle over sweet fresh strawberries or grilled peaches.
- It loves vanilla ice cream.
- Use as a final garnish right on the plate.
- Combine with olive oil for dipping bread.
- Use to dress warm roasted potatoes.
- Succulent on grilled summer fruits like nectarines.
- It’s great paired with soft cheeses.
- Use as a finish glaze on warm grilled meats.
- Top your bruschetta with it.
- Great with Gorgonzola and honey or Brie and pears!