Grill your peanut butter and jelly sandwich! If the warmth, the smell and the crunch isn’t enough to put you over the edge, I’ve added an enriched dough: delicious brioche. If you haven’t had a serious food crush lately, watch out! ( You can also see my recipe featured on #30Secondmom)
- 2 slices of decadent brioche, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons smooth homemade peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite fruit jam
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Here’s how you make it:
- Fire up the outdoor grill. Heat a grill pan on stove. While both are heating up quickly assemble your sandwiches.
- Spread desired amount of peanut butter and jelly on the brioche. Close sandwich.
- Butter both sides of the bread.
- Using the hot pan, cook the PB&J on both sides for 1 minute, just until brioche begins to turn golden and gets some stability from becoming toasted on outside.
- Remove from pan and finish on indirect heat of your oiled outdoor grill. Do not walk away. Cook until grill marks complete your efforts, 1-2 minutes on each side, depending how hot your grates are.
- Serve warm. Cut in half with a serrated knife (this helps you not smash the bread). Makes one sandwich.
Serve with iced nut milk! Feels good to be an adult now, doesn’t it? Variations: Add shaved chocolate or Nutella and room-temperature, sliced bananas.