Nothing like a Good ol’ Fashion Open Turkey and Gravy Sandwich the Day after Thanksgiving!
- 1 1/2 lb leftover turkey meat, sliced
- 1/2- 1 cup leftover turkey gravy
- Stock or water (to thin the gravy if needed)
- 4 large slices of rustic Italian bread
- crushed fresh garlic
- salt and fresh ground pepper
in a medium sized skillet heat the gravy until bubbly, reduce heat to a simmer. If the gravy is too thick, thin with a little stock or water. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Add the sliced cooked turkey to the gravy mixture. Coat evenly on all sides and simmer until the meat is heated through.
Slice and toast the bread until golden brown. Butter well and rub smashed garlic clove over the toasted bread like coloring crayon.
Arrange the slice of buttered rustic bread on a plate. Top with sliced turkey and smother in gravy.
Breath deep! Mmmmmm!
photo credit: Elisa Bauer