This grilled potato salad recipe is a tangy twist on the classic! It’s perfect for your Labor Day get-together!
- 2 pounds medium-sized Yukon potatoes
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 shallot, small dice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
Here’s how to make it:
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender but not cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain potatoes and put on a baking sheet to dry. When cool split lengthwise and transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add half the herbs, spices and oil only. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining herbs, spices and olive oil. Add the Dijon. Stir and set aside.
- Place potatoes cut side down on direct heat on your grill cook until browned and crisp on both sides, 5-10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to the bowl with the herb, olive oil and Dijon mixture.
- Cut lemon in half and place the cut side down directly on the grill until well caramelized, about 5 minutes. Remove and squeeze grilled lemon into the bowl with the potatoes and herbs. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.