Some kids are picky eaters while others are fearless.
Willing to pick up that strange looking dish and give it a try, foodie youths need a place to explore their love. Recently, Kids Culinary Adventures joined forces with children’s foodie network ZisBoomBah.com. Together we’re creating an online space for cooking students with games that make cooking exciting and healthy recipes to try at home.
“Kids Culinary Adventures loves how much information on cooking and playing with food is on ZisBoomBah. And the best part is that ZisBoomBah reaches so many people and we think that’s pretty cool,” said Chef Gigi, founder of Kids Culinary Adventures.
Working together has created a top-notch, kid-friendly online resource for young chefs available 24/7.
“We are very excited to be bringing the ZisBoomBah experience into the kitchens of kid cooking schools across the country. With this generation growing up with less healthy food it is critical to teach cooking skills to our kids. Being creative in the kitchen will empower them to make better food choices throughout their life.” says ZisBoomBah Founder Karen Laszlo.
Let’s get a taste of what you can find online by cooking Hawaiian Waffles with tropical salsa. This is two recipes, but they work really well together.
1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted
1 3/4 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Sugar
4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until foamy.
- Whisk in melted butter and milk.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk until just smooth.
- Fold in coconut.
- Pour batter onto hot waffle iron.
- Close lid and bake until steam stops and waffle is lightly browned and crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter. Serve with Tropical Fruit Salsa.
1 mango Mango
1 cup Pineapple
1/4 pepper Jalapeno
2 stalk Onion, Green
1 pepper Bell Pepper
1/3 cup Parsley
2 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoon Lime Juice, Fresh
- Dice mango, pineapple, red bell pepper.
- Finely chop seeded jalapeno chile, green onions.
- Mince Parsley.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve at room temperature.