Roasted Balsamic Root Veggies
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 pound parsnips
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 large red onions, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Peel first 3 ingredients, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Combine parsnips, carrots, onions, and cranberries in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; layer sweet potatoes over top.
2. Whisk together sugar and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over vegetable mixture. (Do not stir.)
3. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Toss with parsley just before serving.
Southern Living NOVEMBER 2010